I have said many times (as did many masters), this world is an illusion (or dream) that we—human beings—have dreamt into existence. This is a hard thing to understand and accept. But one of the best ways to wrap our heads around this is to prove it.
Proving That Death Is Not Real
There is a difference between proving something because we KNOW it and want to help others by showing it versus proving something out of ego, defense, showing off, and so forth. If we try to prove something out of ego, it actually proves the opposite…that we are totally bound by this world and are trying to prove otherwise.
One of the wisest things Buddha ever taught was that we need not believe things just because we are told. Instead, we should put things to the test and prove it.
The ancient metaphysical practice of Spiritualism has a few primary principles, and one of them is to prove there is no death,so that pe ople will believe in spirits, which then leads them to believing in Spirit.
When Jesus died on the cross, he was proving that death was not real—which meant that sin and karma that cause us to die—are also not real. Jesus also taught, “If people ask for your coat, give them your shirt as well—to prove to them you are not attached to things and that none of us need to be attached to things.
In My Own Life
There are numerous things I have proven/confirmed or at least did my best to prove:
- People could have spiritual children and raise them spiritually.
- Men can work collaboratively and not follow the stereotypes of being controlling.
- Not all people do nice deeds because they have an agenda or want something in return.
- Diet doesn’t matter.
- Most of the laws of this world can be overcome by applying mastery consciousness.
- People do not have to be intellectually trained to know all that they need to know.
- We can give away a lot and still have plenty.
- We do not have to have a limited amount of energy or vitality.
- A person can work with people on sexual issues and not take advantage.
- We do not have to go through everything in life to understand what others are going through.
- We do not need to be college grads to succeed.
- Not all of today’s spiritual teachers are “in it for the money” or fame.
- A church can be spiritual first, then practical.
- I worked with lots of physically and emotionally sick people because nobody else would work with them—to prove they were loved and of value.
- I have gone on tours that people said I would never return from to prove we can’t let fear control us.
- When people have offered to buy me a retreat, I said NO to prove I’m not to be a guru.
- I charge celebrities and wealthy people the same amount as an average person so prove that not everyone is out for their money.
Walk the Talk
- Prove you are a good friend.
- Prove that you are forgiving.
- Prove that petty stuff doesn’t matter.
- Prove you are generous.
- Prove you are not attached to things and outcomes.
- Prove you believe in abundance by tithing.
- Prove that people have value by doing random acts of kindness for them.
- Be the police officer who proves that you can give out more warnings than tickets.
- Be the healthy eater who doesn’t criticize other people’s eating habits.
- Be the rock star who doesn’t sleep with everyone.
- Be the athlete who isn’t on steroids.
- Be the role model who lives up to it.
- Be the living proof that people can be good in every way possible.
Be the Living Proof As We Enter This New Age
If one of Jesus’ most important messages was to prove that this world is NOT real, it stands to reason one of our jobs here is to do the same. And to accomplish this is to prove that this world does not control us nor have power over us.
We are called by God to “be the living proof” that there is more to life than most people currently know. It’s worth asking ourselves how we have proven to ourselves and/or others that this world is not our real HOME and that this place holds no power over us. Will others appreciate our demonstration that only Spirit matters? Not likely! But it is our job to do it anyway because it’s one of the primary ways of not just teaching the Truth of God but rather by proving it.
We are now entering a new era, a New Age, and in the New Age, people will know the Truth. But this will never come about without our learning to move beyond preaching and teaching and instead, learning to step up and prove that there is another way of living and being. So let’s all practice stepping up and being different from those who are still spiritually asleep. Let’s be different by proving that we are all the same. We are all the same glorious beings who are merely waiting for some of us to prove it’s okay to awaken from the dream.